The infection of Nail Fungus is really an agonizing experience for anyone as this condition causes many troubles for you. It is just not about ugly nails that affect your appearance, but also about the pain and odor involved in it. A large number of people are affected with the toe nail fungus and the finger nail fungus.
There are many options available for the nail fungus infection that includes conventional and natural ones. Despite the growing popularity of the natural treatments for a wide range of diseases and disorders, there are many people who still do not believe in the affectivity of the nail fungus natural treatments. These people do not know that the natural treatment methods are always better than the conventional treatments as they do not cause any side effects and works safely.
Below are some ways to treat Nail Fungus Naturally –
1. Listerine – Listerine is used widely for the treatment of nail fungus. Make sure that your hands and feet are clean before you apply this treatment. First wash them with soap and water, and then soak in the affected area in a Listerine container. Get enough Listerine to cover the area. Soak it for around 30 minutes. You should see improvement in just few weeks. Always wash container after every use as the fungus spreads easily.
Many people also mix Listerine with hot water. Then, mixing Listerine with vinegar is also popular.
2. Vinegar – This is another way to treat nail fungus naturally. It is very popular. Vinegar has the acidic properties that fight against the fungus effectively. This natural nail fungus treatment is very cheap and it is found in the home easily. Add water and vinegar with 50% ratio and apply daily to the affected area. You should keep the inflicted areas soaking for about 30 minutes. Its acidity relieves the itching and also restores the PH balance. It works to combat fungi and the microorganism responsible behind the infection.
Two forms of Vinegar are very popular for this purpose – White Vinegar and Apple Cider vinegar. Others are – malt vinegar, wine vinegar, fruit vinegar, balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar, coconut vinegar etc-etc. It works for both toe nail fungus and finger nail fungus.
3. Essential Oils – The different essential oils work effectively for treating the nail fungus infection. These oils have powerful antiseptic and antifungal properties that fight the fungus and heal the affected area. It is one of the effective toe nail fungus natural treatments. (Tea tree oil, Oregano oil, Eucalyptus oil, Primrose oil, Sesame oil, Castor oil, Lavender oil, Olive oil, Almond oil, Jojoba oil, and Clove oil etc)
4. Herbal Vitamins – There are many natural dietary supplements that work well for treating and preventing the nail fungal infection. These supplements work for building the immune system strong to fight against the fungus infection. Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin A, Tea Tree Oil, Grapefruit Seed Extract and Probiotics like ‘lactobacilli’ are very good for this purpose. They really work to treat nail fungus naturally.
5. Trim Nails – Apart from applying these natural methods, it is very important that you keep the infected area clean and dry. Always keep the nails short. It minimizes the chances of the spread of the infection to the other body parts. So, keep the nails clean.
6. Footwear – Walk barefooted when you are at home. It helps healing the area as footwear worsens the situation. And, if you need to go outside home, then only wear well ventilated footwear like sandals etc.
Do not wear synthetic socks, wear cotton socks. And do not wear socks or sandals with dry feet. And, if there is regular sweating in your feet, then apply medicated powder on them regularly. It will keep the feet dry; it is one of the effective toe nail fungus natural treatments.
Preventions is always better than the cure, so in order to avoid the toe nail fungus and finger nail fungus, keep the nails short, keep them dry and clean and do not walk barefoot in public places.
And, if still it occurs, then follow the above mentioned ways to treat nail fungus naturally.